Daily Harvest Review
Summary & How it Works
One of the more interesting and different subscription programs we’ve investigated lately is Daily Harvest. Based on basically the same premise as most of the other programs, that we live in a crazy fast-paced world, let someone else take one more thing off your plate, no pun intended! We take care of food, so that food can take care of you, so that you can be at your best, always. Daily Harvest is a bit different from the other food delivery services in that it specializes in fruits, vegetables and grains combined to make different offerings. And they’ve priced it just right, you get “one cup” of your choosing for about the same price as any fast food meal, at a fraction of the calories.
Daily Harvest partners with farmers to source and harvest food at its peak goodness and then freezes it within hours to lock in the nourishing goodness of peak season ripeness. In-house chefs and nutritionists craft recipes that are both delicious and bring a little something extra to the table. All delivered to your door and ready to enjoy in minutes.
All of the recipes provided are based on fruit and vegetable pairings and they take great care to provide the things you will like, filtering your likes and dislikes by different foods and spices. They also ask you what key benefits you’re interested in: Anti-inflammatory, Beautifying, Cleansing, Digestive Support, Energizing, Immunity Boosting, Stress Relief, and Workout Recovery.
You can also filter based on your dietary needs, including: Gluten Free, High Protein, Keto, Low Cal, Low Carb, Low Sugar, Paleo, Vegan.
We liked that you could gift a 9 cup box to someone for $75 and they get to choose what is in their delivery. What a great gift for a friend with a new baby or who just had surgery.
We also liked that each category offers options from relatively standard pairings to very interesting and different things you may not have thought to create on your own. Each one includes several different fruits, vegetables and grains to bring a full nutritious meal. We’ve listed a few options from each category here.
- Strawberry + Peach, Tastes Like: Strawberry Banana Sherbet
- Chocolate + Blueberry, Tastes Like: Tart Dark Chocolate
- Dragon Fruit + Lychee, Tastes Like: Sweet, Tangy, Tropical Fruit
- Sweet Potato + Wild Rice, Tastes Like: Breakfast Burrito Bowl
- Brussel Sprouts + Tahini, Tastes Like: Middle Eastern-Inspired Roasted Vegetables
- Red Lentil + Cumin, Tastes Like: Curried Lentil Stew
- Sweet Potato + Miso Puree, Tastes Like: Umami-rich sweet potato soup
- Lentil + Mesquite Chili, Tastes Like: Southwestern Lentil Chili
- Tomato + Zucchini Minestrone, Tastes Like: Tomato Minestrone
Bites (7 per cup)
- Hazelnut + Chocolate, Tastes Like: Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle
- Cacao Nib + Vanilla, Tastes Like: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Coconut + Lemon, Tastes Like: Lemon-y Coconut Macaroon
- Mulberry + Dragon Fruit,Tastes Like: A Sweet-Tart Berry Bounty
- Apple + Cinnamon, Tastes Like: Apple Pie
- Pumpkin + Chai, Tastes like: Pumpkin Spice
- Blackberry + Majik, Tastes Like: Blackberry Banana Pie
- Chocolate + Almond, Tastes Like: Chocolate-Banana Mousse
- Mango + Turmeric, Tastes Like: Tropical Golden Milk Latte
- Kabocha + Spice, Tastes Like: Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Matcha + Lemongrass, Tastes Like: A Matcha Latte
- Coffee + Cardamom, Tastes Like: Aromatic Turkish coffee
Cost & Frequency
Weekly plan offerings: 9 cups $7.75/cup; 12 cups $7.49/cup; 24 cups $6.99/cup
Monthly: 24 cups $6.99/cup
You can skip a delivery, change your box size and try new foods at any time.
What People Are Saying About Daily Harvest
“I have tried several home food delivery plans and I always stop delivery because I do not like the food. I tried Daily Harvest on a whim and I am so glad I did. This is the best stuff every. I have enjoyed everything so far. The cups are easy to make and really fill you up. This is a great way to add fruits, veggies, and healthy grains to your diet.”-Kimberly S
“Mango + Papaya Smoothie- The smoothies are wonderful and I add some protein powder for a more filling meal replacement. I’ve been wanting to lose a few pounds and after about 6 weeks of eating these as a snack and meal replacements I am dropping lbs! No dairy, added sugars etc makes it easy for lbs to melt away….for me anyway. I like eating “close to the ground” food and so does my gut.”-Phyllis
“Cacao + Avocado Smoothie – This is my favorite go to daily harvest smoothie. It is soooo filling and rich I always share it with our 2 year old (who totally loves it also) and it fills us both up. Super yummy chocolaty flavor! Love that zucchini is hidden in there you would never even know.”-Kathryn