My Ollie Review
We sure love our pups! And so do the folks over at Ollie. They’ve created a high-quality dog food with human-quality ingredients to keep your little furry friend happy and healthy for years to come. Ollie’s fresh food is safe enough for humans to eat, but specially designed for your dog. Whether you have a big dog, a small dog, or a pack of dogs, Ollie wants to help you keep your furry friends happy and healthy with amazing, pure meals. Ollie has teamed up with canine nutritionists to develop cooking methods and personalized formulas through an algorithm, you know, science. They’ve created packaging to keep it fresh and measure it perfectly, tailoring the portions to your specific doggy. And even better than all of this? It’s delivered right to your doggy door!
How it works
- Introduce your pup – fill out an online profile through their site including age, weight, breed and any known allergies
- Ollie designs your plan – based on the profile you’ve provided, Ollie will customize a meal plan just for your dog or dogs
- Ollie delivers your food – frozen packs are sent on a flexible regular schedule. They also provide a container with a lid to keep in the fridge for ease of defrosting
- Easy to serve – use the customized feeding guide and scooper to give your dog the correct customized portion
The Ollie team has created 4 different nutritious and delicious recipes:
- Beef, heed the cattle call! – includes sweet potatoes, peas and rosemary
- Chicken, dare to cross the road! – includes spinach and cod liver oil
- Turkey, get your gobble on! – includes carrots, blueberries and chia seeds
- Lamb, get some sheep thrills! – includes butternut squash and kale
The recipes are made with high-quality meats that are sourced from family-run farms in the US and Australia
The fruits and veggies are gently cooked to preserve their nutrients. Every recipe includes superfoods like chia seeds, full of omega-3 fatty acids. And finally, none of the Ollie recipes include fillers, by-products, artificial flavors or preservatives.
As if healthy meals prepared especially for your dog isn’t enough, Ollie also gives back to pups in need! To support all of canini-kind, Ollie is committed to donating 1% of their revenue to our rescue organization partners, including the Sato Project. Every meal your dog eats will contribute to the cause.
Cost & Frequency
The cost will be different for each dog, as each dog has different dietary needs.
They break down the options:
- “All Ollie” which is enough food to feed your dog 100% of their meals through the Ollie diet
- “Mostly Ollie”which is about 50% Ollie food and a little of your own food.
- “Some Ollie” which gives you about 25% to add a boost of nutrition to your dogs diet
You can choose the beef, chicken, lamb or turkey and they get more expensive respectively.
These options, when we used beef as the meat, for our small Jackabee that we used as an example came out to $26.99 per week for the full meal plan, $16.97 a week for the 50% plan and $10.66 a week for the small added amount.
What People Are Saying About Ollie
“Our dog, Dooley Dawg is loving the new packaging and food. He eats the food without adding other products to it. He is very finicky when it comes to his meals. He lays and waits in the kitchen for his meals now instead of me coaxing him to eat. The new packaging is a great plus. I have actually taken the food out of the package and put it in a microwave safe plate and defrosted the food and then warmed it a little and fed it to Dooley. Dooley prefers his meal warmed up for a minute 15 secs in the microwave. He is a little spoiled.”-Rebecca
“I love Ollie. Have used for years and my dog has never been healthier or shinier. He never would eat his other food and he can’t eat for Ollie everyday. Whenever an issue comes up they are quick to resolve as well. Thank you!”-Wiley
“I love this food and this company ! After years of sensitive stomach issues, we had Stewie on prescription canned food from the vet. I felt awful about the junk that was in it, but he couldn’t tolerate anything else. I even tried cooking my own organic ingredient food, but he was lacking nutrition. He was always low energy, had stomach and yeast problems, ear infections and bad breath. After 1 week on Ollie beef formula, he became more alert and more active. We are about 4 weeks in , his coat is beautiful, his eyes are clear, his breath is great and so are his ears !I love the recyclable products and the customer service is wonderful !! I feel so good about the quality ingredients I am feeding our little guy.”-Jill